Under regular direction and in compliance with standard operating procedures and policies, maintains turf equipment and power tools to maximize safety and productivity. Utilizes department tools, facilities, and resources to effect repairs, replacements, and upgrades of new and existing equipment, as well as to perform routine maintenance on turf equipment to maximize safety, resource life and value. Provides emergency response and on-call service for in-field repairs to minimize production interruptions (tires, blades, jump-starts, tools, etc.). Conducts seasonal maintenance of equipment, following manufacturer’s guidelines and specifications. Ensures all safety equipment operates according to specifications, with the goal of maximizing equipment service life, in-service availability and safety. Assists with maintaining inventory of repair parts. Pursues ongoing education in the field of turf and safety equipment, to stay abreast of changes and evolution within the industry.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Over two years of experience in maintaining and repairing small engine equipment and/or automotive repair, tire service, and vehicle mechanics.
• Completion of mechanic competency classification test at level II.
• ASE certified technician in A1, A2, A4, A5 and T2.
• Briggs-Stratton/Honda/Kawasaki small engine certification.
Driver's License Requirements
• Valid South Carolina Class D Driver's License at hire.
• Valid South Carolina Class B Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) within 3 weeks of hire.
• Valid South Carolina Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within 3 months of hire.